While Houstonians definitely love their cars, there are nooks and crannies of the city that are best explored by foot. In our Walkable Houston series, we traverse those districts to find the prettiest parks, hottest restaurants and bars, coolest local art and shops, and most visit-worthy hidden gems.
Set along the sparkling waters of the Towne Lake community in Cypress, this mixed-use district is packed with restaurants, shops, studios and more. Better yet? All of it is walkable.
Play & Explore
- Events at The Boardwalk – From live music and speed dating to a monthly pop-up farmers market, look out for a lineup of year-round events. Follow along on Facebook for updates and details.
Eat & Drink
- Breakfast Brunch Café – Get breakfast, lunch, and brunch at this local café, from beignets and Gulf crab cake eggs benny to steak burritos, fried chicken, and veggie scrambles.
- Burgerim – Head to this fast-casual burger spot and fill up on what you crave, choosing from “uno, duo, or trio” sliders, or going for a 16-count party box. Tack on chicken wings, salads, fries, and onion rings.
- Flying Vine Wine Bar & Bistro – Share plates of risotto bites, mussels, lamb lollipops, and boardwalk flatbreads or dig into burgers, pasta, steaks, and salads at this waterside bistro. And look out for fun events, like Wine Down Wednesdays.
Jaxton’s Bistro – Jaxton’s offers old-fashioned American comfort foods with a European twist, with lunch, brunch, dinner, dessert, and kids menus available. Enjoy cast-iron brie, cacio e pepe, spiced redfish, lamb osso bucco and more.
- Land of A Thousand Hills Coffee – Stop by this coffee shop and bakery for lattes, turnovers, cookies and more.
- Mod Pizza – Build your own pies at this pizzeria, with toppings from artichokes and jalapeños to Canadian bacon and bbq swirl.
- Sam’s Boat – With an outdoor deck overlooking Towne Lake and plenty of indoor flatscreens for sports fans, Sam’s Boat is a choice neighborhood hangout. Dig into popcorn shrimp, hangover burgers, fish tacos, and Cajun redfish.
Sub Zero Nitrogen Ice Cream – Create your own ice cream concoction, with flavors made to order and frozen with nothing more than liquid nitrogen. The ice cream shop was made famous by the television show, Shark Tank.
- Taisho Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar – This sushi bar and grill offers hibachi-style dining.
- The Cheese Bar – Part gourmet cheese shop, part American bistro, you can head to The Cheese Bar to pick up high-end cheeses and charcuterie or sit and enjoy cheese plates, salads, sandwiches, and snacks like poutine and mac’ and cheese.
- Torchy’s Tacos – This fan-favorite taco shop comes to Towne Lake by way of Austin. Visit and feast on tacos filled with everything from migas and carnitas to hand-battered avocado and cornmeal-crusted catfish. And don’t forget the green chile queso.
- World of Beer – This all-star beer emporium is expected to open at the end of summer 2018.
- Beau Kisses – This upscale retail shop offers apparel, jewelry, bags, candles, home décor and more.
- The Royal Standard – Shop for chic home furnishings, custom upholstery, women’s apparel, accessories, gifts and more at this modern home shop.
Read more: https://365thingsinhouston.com/2018/08/29/walkable-houston-the-boardwalk-towne-lake-cypress-texas/